This one-day workshop will help people interested in pursuing a PhD in architecture at TU Darmstadt to write their dissertation proposal. It is aimed at students who already have an idea for a dissertation project, but who have not yet started writing the proposal, as well as those who want to refine the proposal that they have already drafted. Be prepared to start writing down the draft of a dissertation proposal or bring your current draft proposal and be ready to refine it. (The next meeting of the Promotionsausschuss is in July, so this workshop will help you get on your way to a high-quality submission.)
- What is the purpose of a dissertation proposal? What is the process of submitting one? What are the formal requirements?
- What does it mean to make an original academic contribution? Situating your research within the academic debate on your topic, preparing a literature review
- Clarify and edit your research question, hypothesis, argument, and title
- Design and structure your research project; making an outline and identifying where and when changes are needed
- Developing a firm yet flexible research schedule
The workshop will run in the Fachbereichssaal from 09:00 to 16:30, with a break for lunch around 12:00 and coffee breaks around 10:15-10:30 and 14:30-14:45. It will take place mostly in English, but the instructor can answer questions in German. The instructor can write a letter confirming attendance, if the participant would like one, but the workshop is not part of any official training or certification program.
Es sind noch Plätze frei. Zur Anmeldung bitte eine kurze E-Mail an Markus Kip schicken.
Weitere Angebote der SchreibCenter:
„Skills in Academic Writing“ am Montag, den 7.5. von 9:00 bis 16:30 Uhr im Fachbereichssaal